Thursday, December 20, 2007

Yesterday (12/19) and Today

Yesterday I slept in a bit. When I woke up I played a little PLO, but after 75 hands or so, it was clear there was no way I was going to run as hot as I did the day before. Back down to earth I guess. Later that night I played a couple $11.70 double shootouts to the Sunday Million. Didn't get past the first table on either of them. Ended up cashing in the Daily Double B but got knocked out when I had JJ and a guy called off his whole stack against me with KQ. Here's the HH for that one:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1834678

Today I had my English final, my last final of the semester. I was able to cram in some last minute studying this morning so it went better than I thought it would. When I got home I got into the $10 tourney on FTP which was about to start. That only lasted to about the 5th hand, when I played this hand terribly. I really should've shut down when he raised me on the flop, but for some reason I continued to go with it. My head's not in the right place today for some reason, so I think I'm just gonna take the rest of the day off from poker. Who knows, maybe I'll play later tonight if I feel different. As a poker player, I believe it's incredibly important to always stay mentally and physically healthy. Unfortunately, I don't exactly practice what I preach, which is something I really need to work on. Hopefully this blog will help me to overcome this a little too, since I will use this to reflect on how I'm playing and if I think I'm doing something wrong. In the past, I've never written down my thoughts on my game, and I think in doing so it will really help.

Thanks to The Storm I'm playing in the Sunday Million this Sunday on Stars. 70% plus stakeback goes to my staker, Mr. Storm, but if I end up going deep I can still make a pretty penny for myself. He's staken me in this tourney once before, and I had a really good first hour, but shortly after I was moved to a really tough table. Right to my left was mig.com, one of the top ranked players online, and across the table was Oswaldo, another player I recognize, who had a big stack at the time. Things didn't go so well after that and I ended up like 800 outside the money or something. Hopefully things go better this time around. I'm pretty sure the strategy I'm using for that kind of tourney is a good one so I think I'll stick to it.

That's it for now, I'll update late nite if I play the Daily Double and do well.

-Adam


Music: Kruder & Dorfmeister - Original Bedroom Rockers

No comments: